Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Iv cel Naiv - Book launch

It's hard to translate Iv in english, but maybe eventually he would find someone to translate his poetry into a foreign language. Iv is a contemporary poetry writer who doesn't want to reveal his identity for over 3 years now. He calls himself "the Naive". He launched 3 books by far and has a nice blog, but I prefer reading his poems one (or two, or three) at a time, before going to sleep, instead of following his blog... 
Last night he launched his 3rd book, Nesfarsesc, that would translate something like "Unending". Andie prepared with this occasions a lot of french macarons and a little surprise for five volunteers in creating unique flavoured and colourful macarons, based on a poem in Iv's book. I chose a poem about happiness, "Happiness is for the happy people", Iv sais. I used almond, roses and a bit of red pepper to flavour my poem, brown, vanilla and pink macarons for mixing together and red colour for the filling. I even drew a yellow heart on one of my macarons - my boyfriend got the message and ate it in a second. And the surprise was that the volunteers could keep the books they found their poems in!!!

Here are a few photos taken by me and my boyfriend during the event. Thank you, Iv and Andie! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment