Wednesday, January 15, 2014

African Flower Horse - Hermione

I must confess - is way much easier to crochet procastinate than doing engineering stuff. I won't get into details (it goes without saying that I'm really supposed to do something else these days!). 
Anyway, I just finished this cute african flower horse! I used Alize Diva - silk effect yarn (and I must say I fell in love with its texture), 2.5 mm crochet hook and this free photo tutorial (african flower pattern included). It took quite a good amount of motifs in 3,4,5,6 and 7 petals. And it turned out to be quite a big horse afterwards!
I imagined a different technique to add the hair - I used long tailed skinny pom-poms, I sewed in a row several of them for the head and a few for the tail. And then I added two buttons for the eyes. I thought that the buttons looked too manly for the colours I used, so I added a eyeliner to emphasize the girly look.
PS: I named her Hermione because I thought it would be a nice name for a horse! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment