Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Fetița cu acuarele / The watercolour girl - crochet doll

As I describe myself lately, I'm a crochet enthousiast training myself to becoming a pattern designer. And how else to begin this journey if not by allowing myself to complete such challenges as creating alike-dolls for young girls? Bellow you can contemplate my first doll, inspired by a pretty dressed girl, whose picture I found randomly in HappyButtonStore on Etsy. 


For the doll body and shoes, I used Tella pattern provided by Knottellaa on her youtube channel and facebook page. I created the dress and beret using my own imagination. Later at some point, I might be able to create a doll body of my own, and then transform this first alike-doll atempt into a pattern for you. It would be so nice, wouldn't it?

 

As a matter of fact, my objective regarding the creation of personalized dolls is creating opportunities for pattern design. So I hope it won't take long until I will be able to present you my first full doll pattern.
I release this new opportunity that I've created for myself with a contest for my romanian followers - you can find details here.


Technical details: I used Alize Bahar/Catania Originals cotton yarn, with a 2.25 mm Clover Amour hook. For the hair, I used a romanian silk (100% viscose) yarn, that I brushed after installing it on the doll head. I painted the eyes using textile colours on a piece of thin cotton cloth, then I glued them on the face. The pallette is cutout from felt, and the colour drops are crocheted with a 0.75 mm hook using embroidery yarn.
Hope that you like The Watercolour Girl as much as I do! 😍

Later Edit: Aquarella is actually the second doll I created, I almost forgot about the Girl in the Teapot, made for writer Laura, 3 years ago!

 





6 comments:

  1. Your watercolour doll is beautiful. It would be more than nice - it would be absolutely wonderful if your were to publish a pattern for your own version!! I would love to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Kimi! I actually proposed a collaboration to Knottellaa, with me planning to make a lot of outfits for this version of her Tella doll. So, stay close to this blog and facebook page, I will let you know when the patterns are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful doll. I can't wait to have the pattern available. I have a 7yr old neighbor girl that would love this because she loves to paint. Would be a perfect gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Admin, I hope are fine. I'm your one of the biggest fans, I like to read your blogs and I've also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope in future you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks on my behalf of me and from my family and friends.

    1947 Housing Islamabad
    Capital Smart City
    Lahore Smart City
    New Metro City Gujar Khan
    Skip Hire Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable watercolor girl crochet doll! The colors and details are just beautiful. Don't forget to check out the https://usepromos.com/promo-codes/american-airlines-promo-code-reddit for your next creative travel getaway. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete